I love pretty much any form of potato and I am always on the hunt for a good oven baked fry. These are amazing. They actually got decently crispy, there was a spicy little kick to them, and they paired perfectly with a grilled veggie burger.
Spicy Cajun Potato Wedges
2 lbs large potatoes
1 1/2 teaspoons sunflower oil
2 Tablespoons fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
pinch of cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scrub potatoes, leaving skin on, and cut each one into wedges.
2) Place in large mixing bowl, add oil, and toss until evenly coated.
3) In separate, smaller bowl, mix together bread crumbs, cayenne pepper, cumin, garlic salt, paprika, pepper, and thyme.
4) Add seasoning to large bowl with potatoes and toss to evenly coat.
5) Arrange wedges in single layer on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden and crisp.
**Recipe from The Vegetarian Cookbook.**
This is my new favorite fry recipe. So delicious. Plus it only takes about five minutes to prepare, then the oven does the rest of the work.
Next up, my first attempt at homemade spaghetti sauce. Keep your fingers crossed for me. 🙂