This is another recipe from last Christmas that is getting its own post update. One of my favorite candies to make for the holiday season, and super easy.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Truffles
2 1/2 (8 oz) packages Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (let sit at room temperature for about half and hour before you start making this recipe)
coatings: sprinkles, nuts, crushed peppermint, etc
1) Melt 8 squares of chocolate and set aside.
2) Place cream cheese in medium bowl. Beat with mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add melted chocolate and mix well.
3) Cover mixture and refrigerate one hour, or until firm.
4) Once mixture is firm, shape into balls, using approximately 2 teaspoons for each ball.
5) Melt remaining chocolate. Dip balls one at a time into melted chocolate. Return to baking sheet and sprinkle with coating of your choice. Store in refrigerator.