Well, we finally had a white Christmas here in southern Indiana. I was so excited I almost couldn’t stand it. I can’t even remember the last time we actually had snow *on* Christmas, so this was a treat. Of course, about 24 hours later it was cold and I was done with the snow, but at least I enjoyed it for a little while.🙂
One of my favorite things to do is spend the week before Christmas baking and making goodies for friends and family. I already shared my first Christmas recipe, the gingerbread whoopie pies. Here is a slightly easier (okay, much easier) but equally delicious recipe:
Easy Peppermint Fudge
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp peppermint extract
3 candy canes, crushed
1) Line a 9″ square pan with foil or wax paper and set aside.
2) Melt chocolate chips in sweetened condensed milk using a double boiler over medium heat. Stir mixture until completely smooth.
3) Take mixture off the heat and add peppermint extract. Spread the chocolate mixture into the pan.
4) Sprinkle with the crushed candy canes and chill until firm (at least a couple hours).
5) Lift the fudge out by the foil or wax paper and cut into equal sized squares.
Definitely delicious! A piece (or two) of this fudge and a hot cup of coffee = the most amazing winter snack. Enjoy!